How to Install QNE Optimum on Workstation
This article will walk you through the QNE Optimum installation procedure on your workstation(s).
What you will find in this article:
- Downloadable Installers
- Installation Procedure
- How to Append/Connect to Your Existing Database(s)
Download the Installer
1. Know first the QNE version you currently have. You may check this from the server or another workstation that already has the QNE up and running. Go to File > About and check the version number.
Note: If you have just recently purchased the QNE system and you are installing it for the very first time, please download the latest version.
2. From the downloadable installers below, select to download the installer for your current QNE version only. (Let us know if your current version is not on the list)
If the download does not open, right-click the link and click Save link as (see the image below as an example).
Select the location or folder you want to save it in and click Save (see the image below as an example).
1. Extract the zip file you have downloaded (see the image below as an example).
2. Find and open the extracted Setup folder (see the image below as an example).
3. Double-click the .exe setup file.
4. On the Welcome to Setup Wizard screen, click Next.
5. Select I accept the agreement and click Next.
6. On the Select Destination Location screen, click Next.
7. On the Select Components screen, ensure that only QNE Business Solutions is ticked, click Next.
8. On the Select Start Menu Folder screen, click Next.
9. Tick Create a desktop icon, click Next.
10. On the Ready to Install screen, click Install.
11. Once the setup is finished, click Finish to exit and launch the QNE Optimum application.
Append/Connect to Your Existing Database(s)
1. Click the Home button to open the Companies Wizard.
2. Click Append to add your company or database.
3. On the Company Settings screen, enter the Server Name and the QLS Server.
If you don’t know these settings, please check from the server or another workstation that already has the QNE up and running then go to Companies Wizard (step #1). Note down your Server Name under column ‘Database Server’ and your QLS Server under column ‘QLS’ (see the image below as an example).
4. After entering the Server Name and QLS Server, click the Database drop-down button.
Note: If you get an error after clicking the drop-down button, you may have a typo on the Server Name.
5. Select the database you want to append and click Save.
6. The database is now appended. Double-click the database to log in to.
Note: You may also view the article in PDF format (see attached file).
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article