HOW TO MERGE TWO OR MORE FIELDS ON THE REPORT LAYOUT
Fields are objects that are linked or mapped to their respective Data Sources.
You may also create a Custom Field and use it to merge two or more Fields. This custom field is called Calculated Field.
Add Company Name, TIN No., and Branch Code above the report title.
1. On the report or transaction screen (in our scenario it’s the Sales Invoice Listing), click the Design button.
2. Click to select the format (as your template) you wish to modify/customize > Click Amend.
3. Type a new display name (e.g. Sales Invoice Listing w/ Company Header) > Click Create.
4. On the Report Designer window, click No on the prompt.
5. In this guide, we will just delete the highlighted below (click and press Delete on your keyboard).
6. Drag and drop the Report Title to the lower part to give space for the Company Header on the upper part.
7. Go to View > Windows > Tool Box to show the Tool Box Pane.
8. Click on Label > Drag and drop it to the desired area.
9. Adjust the length of the Label box and you may also format the Font style, size, etc. Edit the label to your Company Name.
10. Next is the TIN and Branch Code, this is where we will create a Calculated Field.
In the Field List pane, look for Reg No and Branch Code, as they are two separate fields, we will use Calculated Field to merge (concatenate) them into one Custom Field.
11. In the Field List pane, right-click on any area and click on Add Calculated Field.
12. Right-click on any area and click on Edit Calculated Fields.
13. Ensure to select the correct Calculated Field. You may change it to your desired Display Name (e.g. TIN+BranchCode).
14. Click the Ellipsis icon (…) for Expression.
15. Select Fields > Search for Reg No and double-click it > Type +’-‘+ > Search for Branch Code and double-click it > Click OK.
The expression should be like this:
[Reg No]+’-‘+[Branch Code]
16. At this point, you have already constructed the Expression and changed the Display Name. Click OK.
17. Look for the Calculated Field you’ve just created and drag & drop it to the desired area.
Note: Added a Label for ‘VAT Reg. TIN:’
18. Edit/rename the Report Title.
19. Click on Preview at the bottom part and see if it’s already okay, otherwise click back on Designer and make the necessary changes (e.g. Spacing, Alignment, Etc.).
Below are the TIN and the Branch Code from the Company Profile for reference.
20. Click on Save to save your work > Close the Report Designer window.
21. Should you want to make the newly created format as default, click theDefault Checkbox and click Yes.
22. Back to the Sales Invoice Listing screen > Click the Preview drop-down button > Click Refresh.
23. You should now see the new format you’ve just created.
For further concerns regarding this matter, please contact support to assist you or create ticket thru this link https://support.qne.com.ph