HOW TO CUSTOMIZE THE DATE FORMAT ON THE CHEQUE LAYOUT SO THAT EACH CHARACTER IS PRINTED IN AN INDIVIDUAL CELL
What is a Character Comb?
The Character Comb tool displays text so that each character is printed in an individual cell. The number of cells corresponds to the number of characters.
As you can see on the picture below, the date printed doesn’t fit or shoot perfectly inside the cells or boxes on the Cheque printout. We can fit those numbers by using ‘Character Comb’ tool in QNE Optimum System.
1. On the report or transaction screen (e.g. Pay Bills), click the Design button.
2. Select a default format you wish to modify/customize then click Amend. We can use the ‘Print Cheque (Landscape)’ in this example.
3. If it’s the first time that you will be modifying the report format, you need to type a new Display Name (e.g. Print Cheque BPI), and click Create.
4. On the Report Designer window, in case you get a similar prompt as below, click No.
5. If the Tool Box pane is not displayed, go to View > Windows > click Tool Box.
6. Click and drag the Character Comb from the Tool Box pane. Do this thrice, one for the Month, for the Day and for the Year. You can adjust each size to show only the desired/required number of cells (Month = 2 cells, Day = 2 cells, Year = 4 cells).
7. Move (drag) the three Character Combs into their desired position, usually on the upper right part but it depends on the format of the cheque.
8. Configure each Character Comb.
A. Month (1st from the left)
1. Click to select the Character Comb for the Month and click the > button.
2. Click the drop-down button for Data Binding, then find and select the Date field under PaymentVouchers.
3. Click the Ellipsis button (…) button for Format String > click DateTime > click the Custom Tab > find and select the ‘MM’ format > and click OK.
4. The Data Binding and Format String configurations should be like on the image below. Click the < button to collapse the Character Comb Tasks.
1. Select the Character Comb for the Day
2. Perform the same steps as above for the Month
3. Select ‘dd’ for the Date Format String
1. Select the Character Comb for the Year
2. Perform the same steps as above
3. Select ‘yyyy’ for the Date Format String
9. Click Preview to check your work.
10. We can also remove the border by clicking the Border Color on the lower right part of the Report Designer under Properties pane and set it to Transparent.
11. Click the Save button to save your work.
12. To test, try printing using the new format you’ve created (click Refresh if not on the list).
Test print(s) is the only way to see whether or not the date already shoots/fits correctly and make further adjustments as necessary in Report Designer.
For further concerns regarding this matter, please contact support to assist you or create ticket thru this link https://support.qne.com.ph
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article