There are times that the system became unresponsive for so long when generating a report or a never ending saving transaction. The system turns white and looks like hang which affects the other users connected, the navigation is very slow.
Most of the time, the user will decide to force close it rather than wait and re-do the transaction using the same Document Number then save successfully but by doing this may create also a problem and/or the system may prompt you that the it's already used but cannot find it.
There's a way make it responsive again, to distribute the processing to all the CPUs in your server but you need to revert it back when the saving and/or the generating of report is done because the system navigation will became very slow. The system is designed to use only one (1) CPU.
1. open the Task Manager
2. go to Details tab > right click on the Fbserver.exe > select Set affinity
3. Click on the check box beside <All Processors> to select the CPU 0 to CPU 3 then click on the OK button to take effect the settings (it may look like the below screenshot if the server have 4 CPUs)
4. Wait until all the users where able to resume and go back to normal.
5. Then revert it back to the default settings, CPU 0 should be the only active
6. Click OK then close the Task Manager