How to enable Landing Cost Module
Landing Cost feature is an Add-Ons Module in the system where user can record the additional cost incurred for purchasing imported items. Items may be process via air, ferry and then transferred to the warehouse. These transfers include Freight, Taxes, and Transportation Cost from the origin to the destination. All of these is what we called the Landing Cost and it should be considered as part of the Item Purchased Cost.
1. To configure the settings for the Landing Cost, go to Purchases > Landing Costs
2. There are 4 Types of Cost to used; Cost A, Cost B, Cost C and Cost D. Tick the Enable Cost checkbox to activate.
3. These Cost can also be renamed by changing the values on the Display Name.
4. There are 4 Proportional Method to choose from on how the system will auto distribute the Landing Cost to the items.
- Manual – user will manually input each cost per item
- Value – the system will auto distribute the cost per item, the higher the value of an item, the higher landing cost will be assigned
- Weight – the system will auto distribute the cost per item based on its heaviness
- Volume – the system will auto distribute the cost per item based on its space occupied during transport
5. Lastly, if In Foreign Currency checkbox is ticked, the amount to be inputted will be in other currency and the system will follow the exchange rate set in the transaction for amount conversion.
Landing Cost is available in QNE Optimum Ace Package only unless availed as additional module. Refer to other KBs, to know how each of the Proportion Method works in transaction.
For further concerns regarding this matter, please contact support to assist you or create ticket thru this link https://support.qne.com.ph