HOW TO CREATE, EDIT AND SET AS AN INACTIVE AN AREA
What is AREA?
An Area is a function in the system that allows the user to group its Supplier or Customer by Area. This function is useful on generating various reports by Filtering it by Area. Thus, an Area is not compulsory.
To open Area Maintenance form, under Maintenance ribbon click Area
1. How to Create an Area
In Area Maintenance Module > under Home Menu Ribbon, click New
Supply the fields with data;
- Area Code: This is a compulsory field with maximum of 20 alphanumeric length
- Description: The narration of the Area Code
- Area Type: It has three types, and can be set if the Area is Applicable to Supplier, Customer or Both
- Active: This is a function to set if an Area is still used. If an Area will not be used anymore, untick to make as Inactive.
Once done, Click Save or Save and Close or Save and New.
2. How to Edit an Area
In Area Maintenance Module, it will display the List of all the Area. To Edit, Select the Area then ‘double-press’ to Edit.
Then Supply the Fields that needs to be edited. Once done, click Save.
3. How to Set as an Inactive an Area
In System, it’s not allowed to Delete the Area that has been tagged in a Supplier/Customer with Transactions already. Thus, system has an option to tag it as an Inactive if the Area will not be used again.
In Area Maintenance Module, it will display the List of all the Area. To Edit, Select the Area then ‘double-press’ to Mark it as an Inactive.
Then untick the Active checkbox to tag the Area as an Inactive.
NOTE: In Addition, an Area can only be Deleted if the Area has not been tagged in a Customer and Supplier with Transactions.
4. How to Delete an Area
In Area Maintenance Module, it will display the list of all the Areas. To Delete, Select the Area then ‘right-click’ > Delete or Click the Delete Icon at the Top.