HOW TO RECORD OTHER UNIT OF MEASUREMENTS OF STOCK ITEM
Aside from the Base Unit of Measurement, Multi-UOMs is used to record other Unit of Measurements of a Particular Item that can be use in Stock related transactions such as Sales and Purchases.
Go to Stock Module > Stock Items > Go to Multi-UOMs Tab > Click New Button to Record Other Unit of Measurement
- Key in other UOMs of the Stock Item
- Record Equivalent Rate per UOM (Conversion Rate should be based on the smallest Unit of Measurement; Based UOM)
- Input Sales Price, Purchase Price and Discounts (Optional)
- Input Sales UOM – This is used to setup default UOM for Sales Transactions (Optional)
- Input Purchase UOM – This is used to setup default UOM for Purchases Transactions (Optional)
- Once Done Click the Save Button
How does it work?
Example: Go to Purchases Module > Create Transaction thru Purchase Invoice
Select the Recorded Stock Item with Other Unit of Measurement, then system will automatically display the default Stock details.
Under UOM column, when clicked, all maintained UOMs will then display, user may now opt what UOM to use in the transaction.
For Inventory Balance and related Reports, system will still base on the smallest UOM maintained in the Stock Maintenance.
Example: Go to Inquiry Tab > Select Stock Inquiry > Search for the recorded item (BALLPEN-001) and click Inquiry.
Notice that the displayed quantity is not the same as the actual transaction. It is because even the UOM used in Purchase transaction is in BOX, the system will automatically convert the quantity to its Based UOM - PC(S).
Same goes with Reports.
For further concerns regarding this matter, please contact support to assist you or create ticket thru this link https://qnesupportph.freshdesk.com